Wednesday, August 18, 2010

YOG cycling article


Yesterday, on 17 of August, I went to the YOG cycling event with the school. It is held at the Tampines Bike Park, the weather is extremely hot. The competition started with the junior women competition at 9am. In the first Youth Olympic Junior Women's Cross- Country final, Karolina Kalasova of the Czech Republic got the gold medal with the time 46 minutes 58 seconds, Linda Indergand from Switzerland came in eight seconds later while Kristina Laforge from Canada managed to came in a time of 49:22. Singapore's cyclist, Nasthasia finished in 22nd place, two laps behind the leader. I saw one of the competitors fell while she was coming down from the steep and uneven road, but she still continued to finish the race. When I see this, I felt that her determination of finishing the race is very strong. From this, I learnt that we must not give up until the end no matter what happens. At 12 noon, they started the junior men's cross country final. Jhonnatan Botero from Columbia got the gold medal with a time of 58:42, while Andrea Righettini from Italy cam in 47sec behind the leader and got silver. Lastly, Laurens Sweeck from Belgium got bronze, at a time of 1 hour and 1 second. Singapore's male cyclist came in the 30th. From this event, I saw a lot of competitors with very strong determination and it made me learnt that I should also have that kind of determination when I do something and do not give up halfway.

No comments:

Post a Comment